D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Monday, June 25, 2012

June 23, 2012

Hola mi familia!!!
 
I am sort of settling in. This is definitely the most difficult thing I have done thus far in my life. You have no idea how hard it is to adjust to this normal for me. I am not eating well, am not sleeping well, but I am trying to focus on the work and learning the language and the gospel. So far it's going well, for the most part. We taught our first "investigator" last night, we taught the first lesson of the PME. Sorry, PMG. PME is Spanish. It went okay, and I am able to use more Spanish than I thought I would be able to after three days.
 
My companion is Elder Jarvis, from Gilbert, Arizona. He is going to be serving in San Pedro Sula, and we are supposed to leave the MTC on the 20th of August. So, unless something changes, I have nine weeks in here. Anyways, Elder Jarvis played soccer in Gilbert for a club and a junior college, so we play a lot during our gym time. We work well together, both in the classroom and on the field, and we get along really well.
 
Anyways, I love my district. I am senior companion, and am trying my best to study and work hard. The schedule is nuts, but I am managing right now. Our teacher, Hermano Johnston, is a white dude with a crazy bad gringo accent that speaks really good Spanish, just like he is super white. It's okay though, I am learning a lot, and keeping the uruguayan accent going strong. It's crazy how prepared you can think you are, and then even with six hours of prep, at least six, you still feel like your lesson shot through the tubes. He isn't even a real investigator. But you still feel like you screwed it over, even if you didin't.
 
Funny story, we were doing a mini testimony meeting in class, and one of the elders started talking about the atonement. It was going really well until he said that "Jesucristo expi√≥ por nuestros pescados.**¨¨ Dad will get that. It was super funny. I don't think he realized he said it till after.
I have seen everybody in here. Pretty much everybody. There are so many people in this place, it's a zoo. The schedule is crazy, there are a trillion people in white shirts running around, trying to get from meeting to classroom to lunch to gym to wherever. Add on top of that that we only really go in three different buildings, and i spend more hours a day in a classroom than I do sleeping or anything else. 
 
Anyways, I know it's all true, it's just taking some getting used to. I can feel the spirit more than ever before, and am trying to use it all the time. I am trying to get the most out of this.
 
Love you guys, See you in two
Zach 

** Translation:  "Jesus Christ died for my fishes."

No comments:

Post a Comment