D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hey everyone!
Hope everything is going okay at home. Mason, It sounds like you had a blast with Devin. And croquet is a gentlemens game, so play it with dignity.
Cody. This girl you met at EFY better be a cutie. I would have loved to hear you and Tray kill it on the harmonica. And yes, I am still in the MTC.
Erin, I am glad you enjoyed EFY. It is a place that I wish I would have more fully taken advantage of the spirit there. The MTC is like a nine week EFY, except in a different language. And also, you aren't really allowed contact with women. (I haven't spoken to a girl in 2 and a half weeks.)
Mom, thank you for the package. You will probably be getting a normal mail today as well, so double dose!! Healthy is good, but those apples taste like styrofoam to me. I am eating them, but trying to pawn as many of them off as possible. Nobody else wants them either. The dried fruit is good though. Take it easy with the packages for a while, I already don't know what to do with all of the fruit.
Papa, Las charlas están bien. Estoy aprendiendo mucho del Evangelio, y de Español. Estoy en el intermediate grupo, pero el districto advanzado nos ayudan con español mucho. Yo tengo el mismo tiempo para desayuna, cena, y almuerzo con Elder Dahl.  La residencia es mas o menos, y la cama esta corta. Mi compañero y yo jugamos futbol dos o tres véces durante la semana, y los otros dias, yo juego voleibol, y él levanta las pesas.
Everything is good though! I got to see Joel on the fourth of july, which was lame. I forgot it was the fourth of july. We had a judge speak to us, and they told us to watch the fireworks from stadium of fire, but I couldn't see them through the trees, so Elder Jarvis and I went back to our residence. The fireworks went on till like 1130, so we couldn't sleep till then, but we still had to be up at 630. UGH. It was miserable. there is nothing so disapointing as hearing fireworks but not seeing them.
THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE ON EURO. I have been dying to know how thse games went. Glad to see Spain won again. (cody, I would love a recap of the game-goals, who played, etc.)
Other than the fourth, nothing really exciting happened. My teacher told me I was SO CLOSE to being in advanced, but seeing as how they are doing in-field training today, I probably won't be going next week. I really like our district, though, so it's not that bad.
We did have fast sunday, which was miserable. NO FOOD TILL 545 in the evening, and dinner the night before was at 445. 25 HOURS SIN COMIDA. It about killed me. Speaking of food....eh. Its okay. the chocolate milk is pretty delish though. Especially the cookies and cream one. imagine drinking an oreo. Yeah. I feel like you should have to be transfigured to do that. But whatever.
We have been teaching a lot of lessons, and doing a decent job. I am learning to follow the spirit more closely, and to listen to it's guidance. I am gaining a pretty good grasp on the language, I think. The other day, I couldn't remember the english word for atonement. I take that as a good sign.
Tell people to write me. It gets lonely in here.
Oh, and mom, you and Jill Longhurst have to be on the same brain wavelength, because you both sent me David's letter on the same day. I was so excited to get three dear elders that day, only to have two of them be the exact same thing.
Well, that's pretty much it. Nothing really exciting happens in this place. It's a bubble. Full of white shirts, ties, and girls noone can talk to.
Church is true. It contains more meaning in our lives than we know, and is full of answers. Turn to the Book of Mormon often to find answers to questions. Prayerfully read and ponder what it says, because it's all true, and it will bless our lives more than we know. Gain a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon, because that will be the "rock" that the wise man builds his house on, and it serves as a foundation for every other testimony we have.
Les amo mucho!!
Con Amor
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment