D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hola Familia!
La semana pasada fue LOCO!! Yo estaba enfermo y fui perdido mis dientes, Elder Wood tuvo hives, Elder Willis torceó su tobillo.... y Elder Hawkins tuvo un Bronchial infection. Ay ay ay. ahora, solo dos elderes que no han salido el CCM. (Translation:  This week was crazy.  I was sick and losing my teeth, Elder Wood had hives, Elder Willis Sprained his ankle... and Elder Hawkins had a bronchial infection.  There are only two elders who have not left the CCM).
Anyways, this week was good. sort of. We got new roommates after having a room to ourselves for three weeks.  They throw off our entire bedtime and morning routines. TOTALLY. They are good guys, it seems like, so we shall see.
I also had the opportunity to be filmed this week by a japanese news team. pretty much our whole district was filmed by them. Just eating some lunch. Nothing huge. But I will soon hopefully be seen by millions and billions of those little people in Japan as a missionary. Super weird.
Thanks again for coming to see us. Elder Jarvis and I enjoyed escaping these walls. And seeing you guys. everybody is saying that its not fair that I get to see my family....well they can (sing it with me Mas)
Honestly, nothing else has happened. Our district leader went crazy last night, and told us we had "failed in our goal to speak more spanish." He told us we had failed. To use the nickname dad told me about...Profeta went a little overboard. I couldn't take him seriously. He really expected me to speak spanish for 10-12 hours out of the day. I speak during class no problem, but sometimes you need to tell a joke or funny story, so you switch to english. He was soooo disappointed in us, and handled it all the wrong ways. You wouldn't tell an investigator that they had failed, so why tell a fellow missionary??? It was far from encouraging. Totally could have gone about it a different way. Oh well, he is only our district leader for like another week, maybe.
Today we get to go clean the temple, which I don't know how I feel about. It will be good, but it's for like four hours. Better than being in a class, I guess.
That's really it today. Nothing else has happened at all. It's sort of boring around here. Everything is the same after week one.
Well, love you guys. Hope everyone has a good week, and a good sunday.
Church is true! Wouldn't be here if it wasn't. It's still super hard at times, and pretty exhausting, but every minute is worth it.
LOVE YOU ALL
Elder Glassett
P.S. So....Tell malerie that nothing has come through, make sure they have my correct address. I haven't received anything from either one of them...
P.P.S. Tell Mandy and Kory thanks for the notes from their kids. They were super sweet. Even Travis', even though I haven't the slightest idea what it is. If they haven't gotten a response from me, they will soon, I sent the last one this morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment