D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hey everybody!!! I hope everything is going well at home!!!
I just sent a package home with all the letters I have received while here, so that should be coming soon. I also wrote a letter to the both of you to put in there, so make sure you read that, and then just put the letters in my room.
So, Congrats to Cody for opening for Bobby!!! That's so chill!! I wish I could be there to see it! What venue is it at??? I seriously wish I could see it. So bad. And Erin, I am sure that bolleyball is fun. Conditioning doesn't sound like it would be near as hard as for soccer. I hope that your tourney goes well. Where do they have you playing??? I am guessing as a hitter, probably outside since you're right handed. And Mas, yes, I got all the references you made to music. I still know all that stuff. I can't wait to see the scar when I get home, and good job in the Sparta Cup! 2nd is really good!
Well, I am pretty much packed. I have one bag at 49 and 1/2 pounds, the other one at just over 40, But I have some last minute stuff to do. everything is pretty crazy. I saw Elder Walbeck and Elder Potter the other day, and have pretty much said goodbye to Elder Seegmiller and Elder King. I probably won't see them again.
We had infield orientation yesterday, which is why me email is arriving today. it was so good. I can't wait to get out and serve, the MTC is killing me. I have enjoyed my time here, but I need out.
We said good bye to one of our teachers, Hermano Larson. coolest guy ever. Served in Merida, Mexico. Speaks four languages, and is learning Romanian and Italian (he speaks french, portuguese, spanish, and english). He had some funny stories. We say goodbye to our other teacher, hermano Johnston, tonight. He is way more strict, and hardly ever speaks english. Served in Guatemala City, North, I think. Super awesome teacher.
So, We had an awesome fireside about our purpose as missionaries on tuesday, by David F. Evans, who is in the presidency of the 70, and Exec. Director of missionary department. Such a good talk. he showed us a painting that president Monson refers to a lot. It's about a rescue of a ship, which I think is totally applicable to what we are doing here. I noticed that the rescue boat has an anchor tied to shore, so that it can get back and not get lost in the tempest that it is about to plunge into. That made me think of our faith, and how we need to keep it anchored in the rock of our redeemer, Jesus Christ. No matter how deep our faith is, it can always get deeper, and we can sink it deeper into the rock, so to say. 
Sunday was a fireside about our purpose with members, and how members need to be involved in the missionary process. made me think of Petey, Trayson, Trever, all the other people that we can and have touched with the gospel, to bring them back. But as great as that is, there is always more that can be done. It was a great talk, I really liked it.
This week has gone by super fast. I guess the super spiritual things that happened were during one of the firesides, I was trying to figure out how I could be more open to the spirit, and how the spirit can better use me. I thought that figuring out how the spirit speaks to me is a good thing. I was trying to think of all the times that the spirit has spoken to me, and what they all had in common. In lessons, it sort of leads me to things to say, but when I am studying, it doesn't lead me anywhere, or reveal things to me with a voice. I then heard/felt a voice say, 'you haven't figured it out yet?' which caught me totally off guard. It was in that moment that I realized that when I am listening to the spirit, it asks me questions. These questions get my brain going to thinking of examples in my life or in the scriptures just to figure out how to answer the question. That totally made sense to my brain, because that's how I work. I like to think things out in my brain, and then see if they feel good in my heart. That's how that works for me. Crazy huh??
I also gave my first ever blessing on Thursday or Wednesday night. One of the Elders in our district sprained his ankle way bad, and was worried, so he asked for a blessing with oil. Elder Wood, his companion, anointed, and then I sealed and pronounced the blessing. It was crazy. I had no idea what to say, or how it worked, so I just started speaking. Words came to me that I can't remember, nor would I have thought of.  It was so crazy, I am glad that I was able to be worthy to be able to do that for him.
Also, I sent a letter to Martha, so let me know what you get back from her. I also am officialy done being a zone leader, so I have no meetings on Sunday, which should be nice. 
Thanks for sending the pictures, I wish I could have eaten that food!!! It looked SO GOOD! You might want to be careful taking me back there for two reasons- one, I will have to eat everything and anything on sight, and two, I will be trying to convert some CCC people. A Community of Christ Church is not the place for a fresh off the mish 21 year old, with a fire still burning under him. You might have to put me on a leash for that one.
Well, that's pretty much it. Next email will be in Honduras!!!! Can't wait!!
Love you all. Church is true, and I can't wait to serve his children.
Elder Zach Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment