D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

So, this week was nuts. We have had all of our training meetings for Zone Leader stuff, which includes branch council, meeting with just us and the branch presidency, three leadership trainings a week, interviews with all of the district leaders, and serving, serving, and more serving others. I love it. TONS of work, but it's worth it.
This week was super busy, as I have mentioned. We have been teaching a ton of lessons, and they are all going well except with one investigator, who doesn't seem to understand the importance of the Book of Mormon. That makes the lessons super difficult, especially because he is keeping all the commitments, but he doesn't quite understand why. But other than that, spanish is coming along awesome, lessons are good, and I am studying my tail off in what free time I have left.
I also met an elder whose family is from Uruguay, so we had a little bit of a bonding moment there. Super cool, and know's the Burnett's, Hiram at least. Elder Polite. I told him I would give him your email to pass to his parents and he gave me his parent's stuff to pass to you guys so that you could maybe get in touch. He is from west valley, and is going to colorado I think, or california. Anyways, his parents email is urupolite@hotmail.com, is what he thinks. His name is Brian, but I don't know much else. We did get a picture together.
This week was really good devotional/spiritual wise too. Our branch presidency asked for recommendations for a new district leader in our district, and Elder Jarvis and I prayed about it together, gave it an hour, and talked about it all. We both felt like the same person would make a great district leader, and that was confirmed to both of us. We both agreed on the same person pretty much without having discussed it. "Elder ____?" "Yep, that's what I feel too." Crazy cool. It also helped me re-realize two things; that when you pray sincerely, God does answer prayers. The second is that God really does have people he wants certain places, and everyone is everywhere for a reason. Oh, and btw, I think I spend more time in meetings and in a shirt and tie than Dad now on sunday:) I also had an interview with one of the branch presidency, Brother Caywood. Holy cow, is that man in touch with the spirit. He told me a little bit about the parable of the talents found in Matthew 25ish, and related that to each of us. And me. It was so crazy, I will send it in full detail in a letter, I don't have time right now to explain it.
Our speaker on sunday night was from the missionary department, and his talk was awesome. He talked about ammon and the sons of mosiah and alma the younger. Again, more details will come in a letter, because I forgot to bring my notebook to email, and I don't want to waste time to go get it.
I do have my notes from tuesday night, however, and it was Elder Pinegar. He gave an awesome talk about our purpose, and why we are here. One of the main things I got from his talk was the necessity of commitment in this work. Ponder over the next little bit what you can do to make sure you are fulfilling every little calling, being as obedient as possible, and commiting everything to follow Christ, because if you aren't, you aren't doing it right. Think of all the people in the history of this church. If Christ would only have gone halfway, what would have happened?? If Joseph Smith would have gone halfway, where would we be?? If the pioneers had gone halfway and given up, think of all the blessings we wouldn't have right now. Think of our close family and friends-what happens to them if we go halfway. Commit or pack it in. God doesn't want fence sitters. He wants devoted servants, willing to help in whatever way he asks. If we can't do that, than we need to reconsider where we stand in the gospel and with the Lord.
Other than that, I would encourage you to study the scriptures and pray always. Not often; always. D&C 10:5 says pray always, not often. so that you may come off conquerer. God answers prayers when we ask in faith, nothing wavering. Than we have to act on that prompting, that answer, to keep ourselves open to new revelation.
Okay funny story time. One of our sets of investigators in Elder Wood and Elder Nelson, who both portray people that they really know that are non members and then respond to our teaching likes these people would. Well, one of these people has a girlfriend, and lives with his cousin, who is the other investigator. He is a construction worker. Well, he started joking around after one of our lessons, and we were telling him that we were going to teach the law of chastity for the next lesson. He said "Good, I need it. I am like the construction worker from the Village People. I have a girlfriend you have never seen, I live with my 'cousin,' am super weird around both of you. . ." he got to there before our teacher, us, and those two started laughing so hard we were crying. SO FUNNY!!!
Well, the church is true. Love you all.
Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment