D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Monday, November 5, 2012

A huge apology from Paula.  I put all the info on the blog, but forgot to finish by hitting the "publish" button.  Good news.  If you read this in the next few days, you will get double letters.  So sorry!

We were in San Marcos de Colon, which is an hour outside of our zone, but is where Beesley and Martinez are. Super cool!!! We visited an old Spanish fort, and played soccer on a big field. So great!! This week was all sorts of good, I will explain in a second.

Well, my time is short, but here is what happened this last week.

So, remember a few weeks ago, I told you about that lawyer that died, and how his wife was left with their six kids, ...  So the mom, Nancy, left. Nobody knows where. She was one of the strongest people I have ever met in my life, and was the Sunday school teacher. I think the whole ward is reeling.

Also, Carlos, the man who got baptized, is pilas.  ( Note:  I think that means awesome) He bore his testimony to us yesterday. Holy cow, that man is amazing. He said something interesting....
¨You two have been a light in my life.¨ Funny, I think my patriarchal blessing sounds similar.. . . .He and his wife asked when they can go through the temple. and he will be the second counselor in the ym organization. Yeah. He is amazing. I can´t even begin to describe the spirit that you feel in his home...it´s incredible.

To go along with good things, you remember Pamela, the 15 year old who we couldn´t baptize because her mom kept saying no? Well,....she is getting baptized next Saturday!!!! I fasted for it on Sunday, and she was praying a ton.....and her mom gave her permission. Nava´s last baptism in this area, I am so glad she will get baptized before he leaves.

I am sending some pictures from today. Me with Beesley and Martinez, his comp, in the fort. and me with some of the other missionaries on the wall. You should be able to see tags. Elnicky is there, with Sorensen, his comp, the tall red head. He is from draper, went to Draper, knows the Allans.
And, mom, I know how much you love Monet´s water lilies. Well, there was a little pond with water lilies, so I included on of the photos from the pond.

Also, I know how much mom loves Enrique Iglesias. Well, he has a song called, Cuando me enamoró. It´s fantastic. It´s on all the buses, so I hear it a lot. You will like it, even if it is in Spanish. Also, dad, there is a song here called Quédate. I don´t know who it´s by, but it´s on buses too, and i like it.

That´s all I got for today. I am sorry it was shorter than normal, but I don´t have a whole lot of time.
I love you ALL!!!! Thank you so much for everything, and I will talk to you soon. Don´t worry, I have people taking care of me for my birthday, so don´t stress.

Love you

Elder Glassett
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment