D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday, December 10, 2012

So hey everybody!!!  This week was good!!!

I am sort of running out of time this week, so I will condense.

Birthday was good. Instead of getting egged, I got thrown in a pila. Yeah, it was gross. But my DL and his comp came over, and we sang, had some hostess cakes for cake, and had breakfast juntos. It was good.  Later that night, we had dinner with Nordeli and Glenda. They made me chop suey. They can´t say chop, it comes out chok. They think I love it, but it´s gross. Like, they put pieces of hot dog in it. ugh. But,I did eat all of it. and they made me a cake afterwards, called pabel. It´s really good. I don´t know how to describe it.

The next day, I put up the little tree that abuela sent me, with all the six ornaments that I have. Plus, one of my name tags. I am including pictures.

We had to drop one of our investigators, Juanita, but we dropped her to see if she would come to church yesterday without us telling her she should. She did. So we will be visiting her this week. Also, our investigator Cristino? He has to get a new ID card, but he has to have a birth certificate to do that. Well, his birth certificate is wrong. WRONG!!!! His last id card was right,.....I don´t know how they function here.

This week, we also set up everything to do divisions. And then, they fell through. We have to do divisions, it is the only way to get enough lessons with a member present. but we never can. It´s sorta hard.

Big news!!!!
The Choluteca stake is dividing!!!!!!

The stake has existed for about 30 years, and is one of the biggest in the world and they are finally dividing it!!!! This is momentous. Elder James Martino, the area president, is coming, and he will be splitting the stake!!!!! This is a huge moment in Choluteca!!!

Also, the temple open house starts February 4, and the dedication is March 16 or 17!!!
I don´t know when we will be going up, but I think we will.

So, this week, we had a baptism fall in our lap. A 12 year old girl that is the niece of the relief society president, wants to get baptized. she has been going to church with her aunt practically her whole life, and her parents say it´s probably okay. So we are going to teach her what she needs to know to get baptized, and baptize her. We also found an 8 year old whose mom ¨likes the discipline of the church¨, so she wants him to get baptized.  We are working with her more than him. We aren´t going to baptize him just for that. We will see.

Well, that´s pretty much it.

I love you guys, and will talk to you soon!!!

Zach
 
Christmas in Honduras!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment