D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Monday, December 17, 2012

So, this week I am sort of angry that there is no snow, and that inspired the subject line for the email. Sing it to the tune of ¨Oh the weather outside is frightful...¨ I don´t know if it works, but it´s how I feel. (Email title:  Oh the weather outside is hot as ever, and everybody here has fires burning because their burning trash ....  There's no snow, there's no snow, there's no snow)

Well, this week was good. We have been teaching the niece of the relief society president, and she wants to get baptized next Saturday. We also found another recently activated family, and they have a kid that wasn´t ever baptized because he was too young. So we are going to be working with him as well.

You all remember Cristino right?? The man who had all the problems with his papers to get married??? Well,.....we are still working on it. I was scared he would lose some of his animo, but he is growing in desire!!!!!!!! I will explain a little bit of it.

This week, we had the privilege of witnessing the division of the Estaca Choluteca into Estaca Choluteca and Estaca Porvenir. We are still in Choluteca, but Porvenir is brand new. It´s about half of the original Estaca Choluteca. This means that a general Authority had to preside. And Elder James B. Martino, the area president, was there with Elder Valladarez, the area 70. It was way sweet!!! They talked a lot about the Temple in Teguc, which I think Cristino was really excited about. He had a son that passed away almost a year ago, and I hoped he would understand that he could take his name to the temple in April or May, to do the baptisms. We went and visited him yesterday to talk with him about that. He starts talking about how his grandparents ¨Nunca escucharon a la palabra de Dios¨ ("Never listened to the word of God") and that he has other family members that haven´t either. And that he cant wait to take his son's name to the temple. I honestly am so glad that I have met Cristino. He has such an amazing spirit, and an enthusiasm that I cannot match nor describe...He is awesome. We have to go with him this week to the registro here to figure out what we need to do to get him married. Difficulties here. Rdiculous how messed up that whole situation is. But he will be baptized in January.

This week, Like I said, they split the stake here. I went to both sessions, it was like a stake conference, with a session Saturday for adults and Sunday for everybody. Elder Packer of the 12 approved it. Elder Martino presided. He is awesome!!!!! So cool!!! I got to meet him on Sunday, and he was super nice. It was a super spiritual conference.

We also had the mission Christmas dinner on Wednesday. So, I went to Teguc!!!! We had turkey, and potatoes, and salad, and we watched a Disney movie, Brave. I really liked it. They gave us mini preach my gospels, and some candy, and a card with every elder and sisters picture from before the mission, the picture you sent with your papers. We also went to the temple!!!!! It still isn´t done, but we got to go oustide and look at it. I took a few pictures. It´s super cool...pretty too. The whole city can practically see it. It´s super awesome!!!! President Uchtdorf will be coming to dedicate it with Elder Holland. And the dates for the dedication are close to when a Zone conference would be, so I think they might speak to us. THAT WOULD BE SO SWEETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have also started the 12 days of Christmas, and no, I am not cheating. I am doing it day by day. Holy cow, Have I loved it. I got a letter from Grandpa. It was short, but It meant a ton. I think I can count on the number of fingers the number of times that I have heard him tell me he loves me, but he did this time!!! He is so great, but he said that it´s just hard for him to say things, and that even if I was sitting next to him, there wouldn´t be much talking going on. And the letter from the Dansies and Tyler were awesome!!! I opened the one from Mandy and Kory today, and apparently Spencer and Adam think I am in Mexico, speaking Mexican. Don´t know why. Could someone please show them where Honduras is on a map?? Thanks.

Well, that´s about it. Sorry, the pictures from the temple aren´t working, and I can´t get it to go. Maybe next week.

Love you All, and Merry Christmas!!!!

Zach
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment