D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday, December 31, 2012

So, family, I hope that it was a good Christmas, that everything went well, and that you enjoyed celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I enjoyed talking with you, and it gave me a lot of animo to work harder and to do more. I love you all!!!!

Well, this week was sort of really slow. We did not have a whole lot to do. We are working with 4/5 of a family right now, and they are awesome!! Super positive. Mom´s name is Mari, the daughter's name is Nicole, and the son's name is Elgar. We have been teaching them almost everyday for the last 2 weeks, pretty much. The thing is we don´t have many more investigators, because we baptized one of them the other day, and the other one, Cristino, is still waiting for freaking marriage stuff. I am amazed by that man, because he never seems to lose his excitement about the gospel. Such an example to me. And our baptism was Karlita!! the niece of the relief society president, it went really well. I think I should have pictures attached. It went really well, her uncle performed the ordinance. It was super great. She could not stop smiling. Super happy.

We also ate with a lot of people this last week. Tamal tras tamal tras tamal. (Translation:  tamale after tamale after tamale) ...oouuueeey. I can´t eat another one. Way too many. Kinda nuts.  Everybody only eats tamales for this week. Its the only week of the year they do it.

We also had our half family in church yesterday, and they loved it. The only problem is that the dad doesn´t want to get married until his youngest son, who has four years, is fifteen. Needless to say, I don´t want to wait that long. So, we will have to talk to him. He says that people are always happy until they get married, then life sucks. He says that after living at least 15 years with his wife....so I don´t get people here. They can live together for 50 years, but you ask them to get married, and they tell you they will all be unhappy. Huh???? but you have lived together for x amount of time.....and are still happy.....so I don´t get it. but oh well. I have faith. Lots of it.

Also, we had ward conference. They asked me to accompany the ward choir. That surprised me, I didn´t know we had a ward choir. So i learned to play some songs really fast, and then they asked me to play come thou fount. When they showed me the sheet music, it was just the melody notes. One note at a time, it wasn´t the piano part. but...I saw that two of them really wanted to sing it, ( it was a duet between two brothers, ) so I put my mind to it, and invented something using those notes. I figured out a bottom hand, trills, thirds and fifths ( testing all of your piano theory right now) and we nailed it. Merry Christmas and Happy new year, Los Llanos ward.

Apart from all that, not much has happened. We spent most of our time working with the family and our baptism.

Well, I love you all, I hope that this week has been a relaxing one, and that this next year is awesome!!!!!!! It´s my full year in the mission, so i finish this one and its the home stretch.

Love you all!!!!!

Zach

The pictures won´t work, I will get them to all you another time. Sorry!
ZG

No comments:

Post a Comment