D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Monday, January 28, 2013

Actually Monday, January 28, 2013

Well, this week was good. A little rough, but good. we had interviews with the President this week, and of course, like everything else, we had them scheduled for Tuesday, and actually had interviews on Thursday. We had to emergency fill 2 days with work. So we ended up teaching a lot of lessons we weren´t planning on.

Well, our one family that we have is good. The mom was due this week, but didn´t give birth. She wants that little sea monkey out the oven, I think. Now it´s just getting in the way of her life and other stuff she has to do. I feel bad for her, nobody should have to be pregnant for more time than the doctor says. But they didn´t come to church yesterday even though Alexander said that they were going to, which makes it hard to progress. We are sort of in a crucial spot with them right now, where we could lose them or keep them depends on this week.

We found ------- in the -------- this week, and we didn´t say anything about it till the next day, and we gave him the chance to tell us, and he lied. So we told him we found him, and he was just sort of like, uhh, well, I don´t know what to tell you. And then my comp says, How about the truth!!! So we shaved him. I talked about how if he really appreciated what Christ did for him, he would stop sinning, because sinning over and over again is just ridiculing the atonement and Christ death for us. He got kind of somber, and then we brought him back. We played sort of good comp bad comp, but we both sort of gave him a machetazo and then helped him to believe in himself again. I shared with him in 3 Nefi 9:13-14. I cried sort of while I read it. It meant so much to me in that moment, and I know he could feel the spirit as well. Incredible.

Our half family is growing slowly colder, just like we told them they would if they didn´t commit to baptism. Like yesterday, they missed the bus, and when we called to ask if we could come get them with Carlos Maldonado in his car, they said no. They had already changed clothes, and had stuff to do. We are going to watch the restoration with them this week, but if things don´t change, we will have to drop them.

And we fasted to get permission for Kaylet (pronounced like Kaylee) this week. She lives an hour away from her parents, and the only way that Carlos and Carla could sign is if the parents say yes first. although she told them that God told her through the spirit that she needs to be baptized again, they were like, well, you were already baptized, so sorry. So, I think we are waiting till she turns 18 in March. Well, Caal is waiting. I won´t be here. Also, Carlos is officially an Elder in the Mel. Priesthood.!!!!!!!!!! I love those guys so much. I am hoping to be able to be in their sealing in a year. I have to behave well so that pres will let me go.

Speaking of pres, as I said we had interviews. we set some goals for the year, and a few of mine are to read the BofM everyday, finish all the canonical books in English and Spanish, and to help me keep a clean mind, and occupied, memorize a new scripture EVERRRDAY. So far, since Thursday, I have three, and am working on today. Then he and the Hermana took us to dinner. We had Asian food. I don´t know what it is about this country, but they love Asian food. but I had an interesting experience with President. I asked him if I was leaving, and he said yes, and then I asked him if I could ask him something. He just looked at me, so I asked if It was possible, to make me stretch. Send me somewhere to make me stretch. He just kind of smiled, and said in a gently reprimanding way, ¨Elder, esta bien si yo le mando donde lo necesita a usted el SeƱor?¨ (Translation: Elder, is it okay if I send you where the lord needs you??)  Way better than what I wanted right?? But then he got really serious, and looked me in the eye, and asked, Elder, does it matter to you where you go? I replied that it didn´t, that it would be fine. He continued with ¨and you won´t complain or ask why you are there?¨ I said, ¨Well, no, because I know that if the Lord needs me there, what's the point of asking why?? I would just go to work.¨ he nodded with some satisfaction, and said, ¨Very good Elder. I am glad that I can trust you.¨ Well, I really want to know where I will be going. I know that it will make me stretch and grow, but I just want to know where. To answer dads question from last week, yes, I do suspect when I have changes, but that´s just because president has a four change rule, and Ii have four changes here.

Petey!!! love you bud. mornin. I know you can do it. And, I have a way to make it interesting. Get a red pen, Like a Bic. And every time it says the name of God or of Christ, in any form, circle it in red. Lord, Savior, Redeemer, however it appears. And then when he speaks, underline it in red. you will find how often the lord speaks and how often he is mentioned. It is literally almost every page. Do work son, I know you can do it.

Mason, I remember one klondike where we stayed in the bathroom the whole time, hitting the hand dryer, because it was the only thing that was warm in the cold wilderness. This one sounds like a lot more fun.

Well, I will let you guys go. I hope you have a good week, enjoy the snow, play some soccer, and drink a lot of mate. I sure am. just the drinking mate part. Say hi to Kris Evans for me.

Love you all!!!!

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment