D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Sunday, April 14, 2013

P.S. to April 14, 2013.

I asked Zach if in their mission they had goals to baptize a certain number of people and if it seemed like there was at times competitions between zones and missionaries regarding baptisms.   I thought his reply was so good and his motives so pure.  Here it is for you to read.

That´s funny. Well, to start, PMG says that we shouldn´t compare ourselves with other missionaries. So I try not to. God has a different timeline than we do, so I don´t feel bad if somebody else is baptizing a ton and I very little, because it swings both ways. Also, that whole beating people is a numbers game, and this is a work of saving souls. They don´t have numbers, they have lives, and names and stories. My comp told me that I was crazy that I didn´t have a goal to baptize x amount of people on my mission. But I don´t think so. My mission is about helping the people I have been chosen to help and baptizing if it comes to that point. Conversion is a personal process, I can´t force it on anybody. So if they so choose, I would love to help them make the necessary steps to enter God´s kingdom. My other goal is to convert myself to the gospel. I am my most important convert. That doesn´t mean we don´t have goals and stuff for our investigators, and all that stuff, but it just means the numbers come as the souls do. I can´t rush it and shouldn´t try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment