D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Monday, June 24, 2013

"It's just such a sentence ender......"

SO THIS WEEK WAS CRAZY; but it had a FANTASTIC ending. 

To start, I owe you guys from last week. The dude on the bus. OH MY GOSH. I wanted to just reprimand and shut him up, but people like that are stupid and don´t listen. He told us that all mormon's believe and worship Joseph Smith,...which is normal for people here to say.  He told us that there are different classes of Mormons. Then he told us that Joseph Smith was killed after they went to Utah, because he had 7 wives and the members of the church were sick of him and having to run from the US Government, so they killed him. Stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. Literally. But, that opened the doors and people started asking us questions and stuff about us. It was way cool!!

Then, Tuesday, I had to go back to Teguc to get my residency. To say that I am no longer illegal...haha. I am not mojado (direction translation, wet.  Likely means he isn't new anymore.) anymore!!! That took us the whole day, because the immigration here is worse than the DMV.

Then I went on divisions for three days.

The first day, wed, I did with the ZLs. The elder I went with ... it wasn´t so bad, the members in their area gave us a ton of food, which was new for me. Then from there, I went to an area called Moroceli, with a new elder. Brand new. He is in his second week in the field, from Canada. Elder Gregson. He is taller than I am. And whiter. And is still learning Spanish. but he is a way cool kid!!! He plays volleyball and basketball, had a scholarship for vball, is lefty, and speaks like a Canadian. I asked him about why they use eh....and what he told me was this:

¨Just listen to this next sentence....This is such a beautiful area, eh? Didn´t you hear it? Eh is just such a sentence ender!¨ I couldn´t stop laughing. Canadians really do use eh. He is from Cardston. I spent Thursday there and came back to my area Friday. We visited some people and ended. Saturday the other elders had a baptism, so we helped them with that and then visited some members and investigator, Roberto. He said no to the fecha (baptism date) for this week, but he wants to learn more. We are helping him with that, and he is progressing a ton.

and for the big finale.......
WE HAD 40 PEOPLE IN CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!!!
It was a miracle.!!!!!!!!! We had sacrament done by the priesthood from the branch and in white shirts and ties, missionary donated. We had all three hours, which is the first time in a while we have had all three hours. It was incredible!!!! I am seeing the fruits of our labor.

That is really it. This week was a lot of running around and traveling. In one of my divisions, we did some service, and killed 6 scorpions, a snake, many termites, and about 10 tarantulas of a pretty good size. I have a foto of the snake....but nothing else.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. I know its a little bit late, but...mas vale tarde que nunca, va?? Gracias por todo que has hecho por mi, y por todos nosotros. Eres lo mejor, y no sabes que agradecido estoy por tenerte como mi papa. Te amo mucho.

Love you all!!!

Zach
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment