D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

2nd week of changes

Monday, August 5, 2013

So this week has been somewhat normal. I have really had a chance to slow down and work like a normal missionary. We study all the time now. I love my new comp! Benning is awesome. We struggle a little bit with the language with him, but it is coming along. He asked me how long it took me to learn the language....I told him to ask a different gringo...I am not the best one to ask for that. It's weird for me doing language studies. I never had done them before...never had needed them, really. But now, it actually helps me.
We are working with some new people. Jessica and Dennis, a family we started teaching...They are super cool. We were already really good friends with them, and so it was easy to just start teaching them. They own a restaurant thing here in town, so we used to go eat there a few times a week, and we got talking to them. After a while, they closed it because their little daughter and the mom got sick, and couldn´t keep it open. Dennis started working elsewhere, and we lost contact with them. But we found them a little while ago, and are so stoked to be able to work with them. They really got it and we are hopefully going back tonight to be able to teach them more. 

We found another lady name Ofelia who lives in a part of our area that we had hardly ever gone before. She invited us in and we started teaching her. She accepted to be baptized, but we have to find out who her spouse is and get them married before we can really do that. But it can be done. 

Our zone leaders this last week have been really focusing on helping us find new people to be able to teach. They gave us a new formula that the mission has adopted for tracting and contacting. Bbefore I hated contacting, and really didn´t understand why we do it. I honestly would rather go spend time serving the members to be able to get referrals from them. But they gave us a new way to be able to do it. And WOW. It works. We are finding the prepared people in our area through prayer, repentance, and following hunches. Hunches...wow. Those hunches are the most important things we can follow. They are literally what Christ wants us to do when he wants us to do it. Is important stuff. And the more we listen, the better it goes. 

That is really it for this week. I love the pics that you guys sent.....flip, Mason is huge. And I am glad that you got to try some of that stuff. I am sad you couldn´t be here for mango season, or licha season, but you got some good stuff. And that city is just nuts. Completely and totally. Also thank you for all the stuff in that duffel bag. it´s FANTASTIC. My comp loves you all. 

I think I am pretty much done. I will chat next week with you all....

Zach
 
Oops.  Pictures from last week!
 
Zach and Elder Benning

Elder Benning, Zach and Elder Esparza

Good old American treats to keep Zach fed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment