D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Almost there ..... wow.

Monday, September 2, 2013

So, this is super weird, considering that this is my last email to be sent from Yuscaran. I am pretty positive that I am out this change. My saludos to this area, but I am sort of anxious to see somewhere new.
I had a super good week. I worked my freaking BUTT OFF. We killed it. Needless to say we have no new or progressing investigators, but we taught a buttload. I honestly have never worked and tried so hard in a while. But it will pay off. For somebody else that is not me. but it is okay. ningun esfuerzo es en vano. I have killed my kid, too, I think. He has been so dead, and had so many headaches from speaking Spanish. But its a good thing.

One spiritual experience from the week was a lesson we taught on Friday night. We are teaching a less active couple of girls who are the little sisters of an old branch president from this area. We studied about the whole receiving answers through prayer earlier in the day, and had been trying to apply it all day with little success. Well, we were teaching about the Book of Mormon, and she had read it, but hadn´t prayed about it. So I asked her to pray about it to know right then....and she was very hesitant. (For those of you who have seen the district, it comes right from there.) So I offered to offer a prayer first, and then she would offer another prayer to be able to know if its true or not. She did. And then I asked for silence for a minute so that she could think. When she got done, she started talking about all the doubts she still had. Well, I sort of rudely interrupted her and asked her to just be silent, and focus on what she felt, not what she thought. And she felt something incredible. She believes the Book of Mormon is true, or at least wants to believe it. And we have a cita with her tonight to go back and teach some more. Probably lesson two. But the spirit was so strong, and me and Benning taught the best lesson we have had together. Which is saying a lot. I absolutely loved it. I have a good feeling about them.

And the pictures that I sent this week are from what we do in the branch on Sundays, and then a photo we took of the branch presidency. We modeled it after the first presidency. I am sending some other ones too, but in a different carta.

I love you all, and thanks for writing me!!! I hope you had a bomb time in Payson this last weekend, fam, and I look forward to joining you next year.

Love 
Zach
 
A birthday party at the branch.  They broke and egg and dumped flour on her head.
"Pato" (the duck) and "taller"
The Zone

Zach calls himself "taller" so his description of this photo is "taller de zona"

Zach's post mission list of things to do which include:  meet Oprah, read all of the works of Edgar Allan Poe, build his own house and wear a suit everyday for a year.  Before I understood the list I told him he could cross off wear a suit everyday for a year.  His reply was, "It can be any kind of suit....birthday suit, swim suit, sunday suit, space suit."

Branch Presidency photo taken in the same manner as the First Presidency Photo.  I guess that makes Zach the first counselor.  Yep, I think he is thinner too!!

What they do on Sundays in Yuscaran.  LtoR read the lesson manual, count tithing, study the handbook and study the scriptures.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment