D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Thursday, September 19, 2013

What a week

Monday, September 16, 2013
 
I had a fairly nuts week. We have found our area super prepared for us, and even with no help from the Elder that stayed, we are seeing miracles.

So at the beginning of the week, we had a FHE with a family that is mostly kids...there are 7 of them. And the mom. she can`t get married because her spouse comes and visits once a month from teguc....nuf said. But her kids want to get baptized. And they were given to us by members. pilas (great) members. Their kid is on a mission in Peru, and they love working with us...something about treating the missionaries like she hopes they treat her son. Needless to say, they always feed us. We have the registros ready for the baptisms, and just need to have them come to church again. 

Then on the mundane side, we got a phone call on Wednesday night that Elder Martinez had a plane ticket for Friday, so he had to be in Teguc on Thursday, and we had to take him. So I spent 3.5 hours going, 1.5 hours in Teguc, and 4.5 hours returning to my area. It was HORRIBLE. Worse than the rides to Teguc from Yuscaran. The bus died coming back...and I just said a little silent prayer...God, if this bus dies, you are going to have one unhappy missionary...so don`t let it die. And it started right up.  Such a good result. God really does answer prayers. haha.

and then for two really spiritual experiences....

The first one was with a lady named Ada. She is a married lady that has her and her kids baptized, but her husband is not a member and won`t get baptized. We went to visit her to ask her to help with an investigator...and longer story made less long...she ended sort of spilling to us a lot of stuff that was going on. I could tell that she was going through a really tough time....and then she asked for blessing. I honestly didn`t know what I was going to say, and was just waiting for the spirit to kick in. From what I can remember, it was a super specific blessing. And it was sort of personal for her....when I finished she was crying. The spirit was super strong. I shared with her the story of Carlos and Karla, because she is going through like the same thing. I hope it helped her.

The second one was from yesterday. We were teaching a lesson to two jovenes (youth) that had fecha for this weekend. One of them at least, Wendy, 13. She and her brother go to a baptist church, and they didn`t come to our church yesterday because their pastor came and got them. so it was super like...do or die. So I laid everything out on the table for them. I felt like I was literally having words put in my mouth. And then we tried something I started using in my last area...where they pray to see if its true, and then we just all be silent for like a minute. So she asked if she could say it silently, so I just told her to say amen out loud. She did. And then she started just biting her lip, and looked kind of funny. So I asked her if she could describe what she was feeling. And she broke down sobbing and said that she couldn`t. She just kept sobbing...and had just put make up on, so then she wouldn`t look at me afterwards. But I asked her if she knew it was true, and she said yes. Then I asked her about baptism and she said she was too young. haha. One thing at a time, then. 

But I started thinking about as she had broken down sobbing. It made me think of all the times that I had felt that spirit, and how I had reacted. I cry very rarely now, and I think that it comes from being used to having this kind of spirit with me. It was SO STRONG yesterday in that lesson. I could totally feel it. But how strange it must be for her to be feeling that. She literally couldn`t describe it with words. I am so grateful that the Lord comes through when you need him most. I know that the spirit touches lives. And with force. 

That is sort of all that happened this week. We are working hard, and trying our best to do our best. I can barely wrap my head around 9 more months. Seems like just yesterday I was starting this whole shebang....but whatevs.

I love you all!!!

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment