D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pena!!

Monday, October 14, 2013
 
So this week was rough. Nothing is going like we want it. We had lots of investigators that we were sure were going to get baptized. And right now, all is in jeopardy. It sucks super bad. We are doing everything we can to try and find new people to teach, and getting to be able to do the stuff that we need to do to help them, but nobody responds. It's really frustrating. Makes me want to really kind of hit people. 

But that isn`t what Christ would do....So I try not to. 

All is good, though. Working like always, doing more to work with the ward. They don`t really help us. The same members are always doing the helping, and they will get burned out. The bishop sat us down and tried to give us a talking to about how we need to do better....the problem started with him telling us how humble he is. I respect the guy for a bishop.  Time will tell. 

I did have a huge event this week. We invited ourselves to ward council yesterday, because I am needing help from the members, and that is the easiest way to get it. Well, we were there and the bishop was kind of talking about missionary work and how the members need to be more involved. One of the ladies there, a counselor of yw....spoke up for us in a huge way. She told how the two elders...me and Smith, had been a huge help for her. She has a nonmember husband who drinks and stuff, and she lives trying to stay with him, and help him. He is a hardened man. Anyway, she told the whole council how awesome we were, and how much we have personally helped her and her family. It was a confirmation for me that I am actually doing some good in my area, even if it seems like nobody wants to progress. I felt so much better after that. 

And then, this morning for pday, we went to the Peña. I went there when I got to the mission, but i forgot to take my camera, so i took it this time and wow, worth the climb and all. So COOL!!!!!! We went as a zone, it was so dope!!! Absolutely loved it!!! I got a little burned, but I put sunblock on, so it wasn`t so bad. 

I also sort of kind of got in a members face this week. Not proud of it, but it needed to be done. Nobody in this country understands the whole one true church concept, so its sad. And they have a lot of misconceptions about a lot of things. Even members. I was very strong and very direct. It maybe was a little harsh, but sometimes, I have learned, you have to do it. The church is true, and we have to defend it. Elder James E. Talmage said that ¨Ignorance is a fertile soil for apostasy.¨ So lets do our best to help our friends and neighbors know exactly who we are and what we believe.

I love you all!!!

Zach
 


Waldo or Zach? 

More pictures of the missionary please!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment