D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Monday, December 2, 2013

Changes .............

Monday, December 2, 2013

Well, shoot, I got changed.
Sucks.
I am in the city in zona Tegucigalpa with Elder Fielding, from Idaho Falls. I am in La Reforma....and zl. but I have learned that means nothing.
Also, I am with..........
.drum roll..................
OVESON.
and Stephen.. 
 
(Editor's note.  Oveson is an Elder whose is from our Stake.  He and Zach met in the mission.  Stephen is Oveson's brother, who attends the ysa ward where Nelson serves.  Stephen got permission to spend the last month of his brother's mission with him.  He was kind enough to take Zach's bday and Christmas to him.  Who knew they would spend a month together.  I think Oveson and Zach are the tallest kids in the mission at 6'5" and 6'4".  Go giant elders!)

So yes, I got the backpack. We are in a foursome right now, so its super interesting. But I get to hang with Lars and Steve for 3 weeks, so its super fun. Our house is freaking tiny. Like, literally the size of my room at home. Maybe smaller. But like, without the closet, and the bathroom is smaller too. It's really crammed with four of us in there. More like an apartment than a house. But the ward is good. We get dinner every night, and lunch like some days of the week. So it's not bad. Its freaking FREEZING right now, though. I came from Cholu, which was like 95 daily. And here, its like in the 50`s. Everything is cold. And our hot water heater only works a little because the water is SO COLD that it can`t heat it up any more. So its like living in 50 degrees and showering with Camp Frontier Uintah water. Cold, to say the least. But doable. I bought a HUGE hammock, and can put it up on our roof, so it's chill. I spend some time there every day. It's super relaxing.
As for my last comp, Smith is training. So that is cool beans. Also, we made steak and potatoes last tuesday with a legit salad and ranch dressing. And welch`s sparkling soda. I would send pics, but there is nowhere to connect my camera or insert the card. So some other time. Also, I sat next to Justin all bus ride to Teguc, which was a ton of fun. We talked about old memories, and whatnot. about his ``bull`` cut. haha. bowl cut. and also, I am cold.
We have spent the weekend trying to get to know the new area and ward. Seem pretty pilas, and the food is good. We have some positives for this month, so it should go well.
I know there is nothing really interesting, but it's been a short week. I can`t play with fireworks or my slingshot anymore, so that's sad. And there is member in my area who got shot a few months ago, so he has some dope scars. And we are teaching a ------. But nothing really progessing there. He is nuts and his wife is full of apostasy, and they are really close minded. And the ----------------- never stops talking, which is kind of a problem.
That is pretty much it. Not much else to say.
Hope all are well....
Zach

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, so happy to meet you! I saw your comment on Braden's blog, thank you for that! I found Zach's blog just after our sons became companions and have loved reading his perspective. I am so grateful our sons had a good experience together! We have another connection you may not be aware of…my oldest daughter, Rachel, and Zach are friends! They were in the same ward at SUU just before he left on his mission. What a small world. I would love to stay in touch, my email is: ksmithj5@msn.com. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete