D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas y ana neuvo

Monday, December 30, 2013

So, this week was good. Way too many dinner citas, and eating way too much food. I am kinda sick of being full all the time. But hey, who am I to complain?

We had two interesting experiences this week. One was super hard for me to deal with...

Which was our investigator, Conepcion, was very open with us, and really let us into her world and her life. she came to the ward Christmas party, and we had a good chat about the articles of faith. Then the next day, Saturday, we went to her house, and she showed us her `reality,` as she called it. She has been retired for many years, and has lived well off her pension from being a teacher, but she told us that her pension and retirement fund have been canceled by the government. It has left her with literally nothing. Her house is hers, and she doesn`t make payments, but she has no money. Nothing. She hasn`t told her daughters because she doesn`t want them to worry, but she told us all this with tears streaming down her face. I knew at that moment that she was talking with us because it is her time to be baptized, and so we talked about that a little bit. We are doing some service, some secret santa stuff for her, tonight, so that should go well. But it was so hard for me to watch her literally break down in front of our eyes....

The second one was that I found a church history book in my house, and I have been reading it. The restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the fulness of times, but it's in Spanish. It literally starts with Joseph Smith`s family history and goes until like right after Erying got called an apostle. Like 1300 pages. In reading it, I have been able to see how Truly, there was no way that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints would have survived if it wouldn`t have been, truly, the church of God, like it is. The events, the way things happened too perfectly, the protection and the Divine guidance. Everything that has happened in the history of the `Mormon` church is a testimony that It really is Christ's church, and that Christ lives. I have loved reading it, and have come to truly appreciate the sacrifice and the work of those first saints, Especially the Prophet Joseph. I testify that really, truly, Christ restored his church through a modern day prophet, and that it truly is His Church!!! I am so touched that God trusts in me to preach His eternal truths to His beloved children, and to bring them the salvation that they need so much!!!


I love you all!!!!!
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment