D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

TEMPLE

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

So today, we went to the temple, but due to the neanderthality of these computers, I am not able to do anything with photos, asi que sorry. I also want to send the photo of the donut, but I can forward that. So it will come later. I blame the cyber.

Anyways, it was a pretty good week in some aspects, and a not so good one in others. Our area is doing well...We have a new ward mission leader, and his assistant, and the bishop is making a push for the missionary work in the ward. In this whole country, missionary work is taking a back burner to temple work...but I believe it was President Kimball said that we shouldn`t make distinction between the two, for they are both the same redeeming labor. Remember that both of the works are equally important. I know mom loves family history, and Cody is getting ready to go on a mission, just as an example, but we should all be working in both fields. It is hard...I know I only work in one, but that is sort of my job right now. And I felt sort of selfish going to the temple today, knowing that I was there for somebody else, but I was so excited to go and just sit and learn and feel the spirit for myself. I think it was because I haven`t gone for a while, and I was going weekly before I left. But oh well. I do want to go to the temple when I get back.

Apart from that, the family that the Lord has trusted us with is progressing swimmingly for their baptism this week. Marcos, Miriam, and Daniela, the daughter of 13 years. We have talked a little to the other kids, but they are all older, and we never really find them at home. But Miriam, the mom, wants all the family to be baptized, so alli vamos. We have also been going out with a guy in our ward, but he goes to a different ward. Still helps us a ton, and yesterday we found a new investigator talking to people on his street.

We also have been making little progress with -----, a flaky investigator. She reads, prays, knows that she needs to get baptized, but she disappears Sundays, and we can never find her. she goes to Danli, Siguatepeque, Comayaguela, everywhere but here. And I am learning a little bit of what I was like for a while...I knew it was true, deep down, but wasn`t willing to sacrifice, or really commit myself, due to a lack of devotion. At this point, I am left to really just pray and do my part, which isn`t much. She needs to make the change.

 As for Marcos and Miriam, they are golden. We told Miriam that it was a commandment that God gave us to not drink coffee, and she got rid of all the coffee and the coffee maker. Ha.  I was in shock. Her response was, ¨Well, if that is needed, why should it hold me back?¨ I was taught a lesson in faithful obedience. It's a commandment, so just do it. 

Apart from that stuff, we spent the last week working with them and in meetings, ward council and PEC. It's long, because the ward is sort of starting over right now. But its worth it. We watched a video...feed my sheep,. It was old, but teaches a good point. I thought about how sometimes, in what I imagine normal life must be like, it seems hard to share the gospel. I don`t understand that concept, because my last 20 months have been about that. But what watching this movie thing did for me was help me to see that even though life will be hectic getting back with school and work and all, there needs to be time in my life to share the gospel still. That will really be the test, I feel like, to see if I was a good missionary. If I learned how to listen to the spirit and teach by action and bear testimony. 

Also, no camera yet. I haven`t had the chance to go by costco, but should next week. I bought some stuff at the distribution center with my card, so those gastos should appear. I don`t know what gasto is in english. 

The zone, on the bad side, is doing not good. We are losing baptismal dates left and right. We had plans for 20 this month, and we will be lucky if we finish with 8. It's rough, and stressing me out a little bit. I don`t like it. but, I am responsible to some degree, and something I am doing needs to change. 

That is pretty much it. I love all of you!!!

Zach
 
Super happy eating his 21 liempira donut.  (About one dollar.)

Elder Lawson eating one of Zach's favorite Guatemalan/Honduran foods.  What is it called you ask?  I have no idea...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment