D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week of lots of stuff

Monday, March 10, 2014


This week was long, and hot. It is just getting hotter in this oven of a country, without signs of ceasing anytime soon. We are getting closer to holy week, so it just keeps getting hotter. This week we had a consejo de lideres de la mision, and then we had taller de zona. It made for a lot of trying to listen to an awesome message about the scattering of Israel and the gathering, the importance of missionary work, and all that fun stuff. We had a member of the temple presidency instruct us. WOW!  I learned stuff about my purpose as a missionary that I never knew before. He gave an awesome talk, and really helped me to see that even though people are starting to give me the....yeah, you are almost done!! It's pretty much over for ya!!! shpeel, I realized that just because my time ends doesn´t mean that the Lord´s time does. I have no excuse to get baggy....or trunky, as the rest of the world says it, because the work isn´t over. Just my part. I have been praying since zone conference that God would help me to be more consecrated, and I actually find it happening. I am barely ever thinking of home, and am super focused. sure, I have my moments, like when I notice that I get home before food expires, but those are few and far between. It's amazing to see how the Lord blesses us with what we want.

We have also been having to knock doors a lot this week. We have a shortage of investigators, and even though the prophet calls for more members, none of them really jump up and lift where they stand. They don´t realize that the work without the members doesn´t get done, or at least the efficiency is highly minimized. Dad, that was awesome that you went with the elders. Make that experience happen for others. The area 70, Elder Laboriel, came to our sacrament meeting on Sunday, which was a surprise, and he said that RMs have NO excuse not to be giving references to the missionaries. The two most important forces in the work in a ward are the ML and the Bishop. Get Bishop Allen on board with you, because if he doesn´t help you will not have a pull on the ward to be able to do much. So try to help people be included, or include themselves, in the work. My suggestion. Here is a whole different world, so I don´t know how it works there. But I do know that my life would be less stressful if the members helped. But the lord blesses us for our efforts, and I have truly seen that this week. We found people that we are teaching. I don´t know if they will all progress. Of course I want them to, and I know that God wants them to even more. But they have free will. But I will be doing all that I can to help them. We found a less active who hasn´t been to church in like 15 years, because he got baptized, and then started living with an evangelical lady who hated mormons, so he stopped going and went to her church. Deuteronomy 7:3-4, for those with scriptures handy. Anyways, he has been super corrupted by all the doctrine that they teach there, one of the most prolific and deeply rooted is that it doesn´t matter what church you go to, you can find salvation. People here believe that God won´t come for a church, but he will come for those who do his will. And even though he tries to back it up with scriptures, it doesn´t work. We talked about Ephesians 2:19-20, Ephesians 4:11-14, and all the other scriptures that talk about how there is a true church and it is the only way to salvation. Ephesians 4:5 talks about how there is only one way, and 3 Nephi 27:8 teaches us that it has to bear his name and teach his doctrine. So he tried using John 14:6, which states,  Jesus saith unto him, I am the away, the btruth, and the life: no man ccometh unto the Father, but by me.

now, that may be true, as it surely is. Eternal life is only obtained through the atonement of christ, but we also read in Matthew, 
 21 ¶Not every one that asaith unto me, bLord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that cdoeth the dwill of my Father which is in eheaven.
 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we notaprophesied in thy name? and in thy bname have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
 23 aAnd then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:bdepart from me, ye that work ciniquity.
I bore testimony to this man that even though people go to church, and worship God, if they don´t keep the commandments and do God's will, and make the necessary covenants, and KEEP THEM, they will be cast out from the Lords presence and there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth. He didn´t really have a response to that. I try not to be too severe with people, but sometimes they need a good shaking. I think about how he left the gold and eternal treasure that he had for something that isn´t going to ever really bring him lasting happiness. But oh well. We have citas to visit them this week, and I hope it goes well. We could use another family to teach. And God would like them back as well. 
I keep changing fonts to keep you all on your toes. Buckle up, buttercup.
Also, I have been reading the Book of Mormon over again, by theme. I was thinking about how I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and how I always talk about Moroni´s promise, but that I haven´t actually put that promise in practice for a while. So I started praying day and night and at all study times for a renewed testimony of the Book of Mormon. I waited and studied, and waited some more, just hoping for that burning sensation, that renewed light in my life, a dream, something....and got nothing. I kept praying and studying, just waiting and hoping. Towards the end of the week, I thought about how I hadn´t received a real answer...and then I thought about, later that day, how many times this week we have been able to teach about the Book of Mormon, and then it hit me....
God has been blessing me with opportunities to teach about and bear testimony of the Book of Mormon. What better way for me to keep helping my testimony of the Book of Mormon than to bear testimony of it?! I realized again that I know that it is true, and that the ¨Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."
I love you all!!!! 
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment