D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

HOLY WEEK

Monday, April 21, 2014

This week was sort of long. Everybody goes on vacation this week, which is the best way to celebrate Easter, right?? So apart from that, we did divisions with the AP´s again, I went with Mendoza in my area. He is Mexican, from Torreon, but everybody said that I looked more Latin than he did. Which was a laugh, and a hoot. Real knee slapper. The only thing that he does to prove that he really is Mexican is eat way more hot sauce than I do. Which he does very easily. Okay, not that easily. I eat a lot of hot sauce. I actually carry a bottle around with me all the time. It's called valentina. Super good.

Then, on Wednesday, I got a head cold....a bad one. It was not so bad on Wednesday, but I took the nurse´s advice to take the day off, and let my body recuperate, and work the next day, on Thursday. Well, I did that and it didn´t get better. So we had interviews with Presidente on Thursday. so he interviewed me in his house, where we all had to go to start with a meeting with him, and then he sent me back home on divisions after. So I spent 2 whole days in the house. Not fun.

Friday was a good day. We had some good citas that day, and worked all day. Saturday was good as well, we spent some good time contacting. I had a desire to contact out of nowhere, which I never have any desire to go contact. It is something that I really have to work to do. 

But we found some interesting people that could be positive in the future, so we will continue to work with them.

Sunday was a good day....mostly. The bishop told us to be in his office for PEC at 7 am. and then when we called him in the morning, he told us that he forgot to let us know that it was going to be after church. No big. 

Then, after church, they were discussing about how to reactivate, and how visits aren´t working (here they don´t really do home teaching, they supposedly visit every week, but it doesn´t work) I finally couldn´t take it, and just told everybody if they would do their stinking home teaching, they wouldn´t have so many inactives, they wouldn´t have so many issues, and almost everything they need could be fixed with that. I sort of ranted and raved, but it was justified. No hay que inventar el agua caliente. as they say here. I felt like it should have been said. 

Then, today, I got to help with some service for a smiles for Honduras dental group that does all sorts of free dental work for pre missionaries. I came with this group to Honduras when I was 13, and am helping them now that I am here. I can´t seem to get away from these people here in Honduras haha. I saw a guy that I met when I was thirteen, and went to his baptism when I was here the first time....and I see him again today!! Active, in a stake where they don´t send gringos cuz it is too dangerous. and another guy that has visited my dads office, and I know well!!! I was super stoked to see them. Dave sheets saw me, and goes, I am gonna face time your dad right now!!!! and I was like, Dave, that´s a bad idea. I have 9 weeks left. And He goes Yeah, you are probably right. 

That is pretty much it. Love you all!
Zach

PS happy birthday erin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment