D&C 76:22

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! D&C 76:22

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Week ... eh

Monday, April 28, 2014

Well, this week was sort of interesting. We had some divisions, and a baptism on Saturday, and played soccer today. I wore my recently bought Forlán jersey. Yeah. it's dope.

To be brief, the baptism was cool. I have been teaching this lady, Eddy Torres, for about two months, and she decided to get baptized a little while ago. She read everything that we left her. And came to church, which for her was somewhat a challenge. She has a brother who is special needs and confined to a bed and she takes care of him. So for her, leaving is super planned and time restricted. When she shared her testimony at her baptism, she said that she had listened to a lot of different religions, but that nothing that had been preached to her has changed us the way the gospel has. It was a super inspiring testimony to listen to, and it was just another reminder from God that I am doing something important. 

Then, I was reminded of Elder Hollands talk on Friday morning waiting for a bus. I was standing with Elder Tahauri, one of our DL´s, going to finish divisions, and a guy walks by and yells, ¨Gringos hijos de ....¨ Fill in the dots dad. . . it's a super groseria. (It's a super offensive thing to say.)  I was just reminded that I have spent two years of my life suffering, seriously, in the Lord's service, and that I am part of that special group. Obviously, what I have lived has been little compared to others, but I feel privileged, as I think it's Paul who says, to have received stripes in the Lord's service, and to pass for maybe, just maybe, a little bit of what He did. 

And lastly on Friday, after ending divisions, we had to go get and drop off baptismal clothing. We also knew that the two elders were having some issues, so we thought it would be a good idea to do some studying with them. It was about 11 in the morning, and one of them had just gotten up....obviously things were bad from the get go. We started to do a comp study with them, and then we did a companionship inventory. That was fun. One of them, in talking about what the other one did, started crying, and couldn´t be stopped. THAT caught my attention, cuz you normally don´t cry during these things. Well, I asked if it was worth it waiting so long to talk about some stuff that you cry, and he responded that he was crying because he felt so guilty. The night before, he said he just had the incredible desire to hurt his comp and that he just fought with that for hours, and almost gave in. I was shocked. I mean, I have wanted to hit a comp, but it was a fleeting thing. I knew this Elder from earlier in the mission, and he had had a super planchy (I think lazy) comp, so I asked him if the time with that Elder had affected him. He said yes. So I told him to fix it. You could tell that there was some definite contention when we got there. When we left, we couldn´t feel any. The two seem to be doing much better. Something that we left with them was the challenge to give each other blessings every day to be able to feel HF´s love for the other through the blessing. I think its working. Cody, Idea for ya. When you want to kill a comp, cuz you will, give him a blessing. 

That was the highlight reel of my week. Love you all, talk to you soon!!! I will probably be at rafa´s to talk, so see ya there!!

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment