Monday, November 19, 2012
Hey Family!!! This week was good!!! It was sorta sad, but
mostly good stuff.
So, we had changes this week!!!! We spent all day tuesday saying goodbye to
people for Nava....and then waited in suspense to see where he was going. and
who my new comp was going to be. Well, Nava went to UYUCA, which is the most
dangerous zone in the mission, and is opening an area. His knee is acting up
again, because the city is all hills. huge hills. Also, there are only two areas
in that zone where white elders are allowed, so I hope I go there!!! I think it
would be fun.
My new comp is Elder Caal, from Guatemala. He is pretty chill, I like working
with him. He is really cool. We get along pretty good, so its fun. He has 13
months in the mission.
I went to Teguc Wednesday, and I am glad I did. It
was in the 70´s there, and it was FREEZING!!! was so cold. But another Elder
that came with me, De Araujo, a Brasileño, is in our zone, and he is chill.
Also, Elnicky left. He is in Teguc as well.
Thursday, we didn´t have many citas, so we contacted. We found some people,
and some decently positive ones, but nothing huge. Big announcement of the week
is that Pamela, the girl we baptized....her mom is debating the whole baptism
thing, but for her...HER MOM MIGHT GET BAPTIZED...Let me rephrase that. her mom
will get baptized. maybe she doesn´t know it yet, but she will. Friday, we took
Pamela with us to help us in a lesson of one of her classmates, and holy cow!!!
that girl spits fire. She told us after that she wants to go on a mission, and I
honestly.....holy cow. she will make a fantastic missionary.
Saturday, all of our cita´s fell through, except for Cristino. He is
awesome!!!! We found him contacting, taught him the plan of salvation. His son
passed away a few years ago, and he felt responsible because his son needed
help, but he couldn´t help him because he was bolo. That means drunk. and bolo
is like, so drunk you have no clue what is going on. He felt guilty. We taught
him the plan, and invited him to come to church, which he did. We invited his
wife, but she is Catholic, and Catholics are super stubborn. So much tradition in that church. Well he wants to get baptized he can´t because he isn´t married, and since his wife isn´t
getting baptized with him, we can´t help pay for anything. The mission has a
fund to help people get married, but only if both are going to do it. So we have
to wait till he has money. he also has to get a paper of being single (my
English brain struggles these days) but he was born like 12 hours from here, and
that´s where you have to sacar it. He used to be bolo like every day, but
hasn´t touched alcohol in three weeks. Comes to church every Sunday, reads the
Book of Mormon, and prays. Just can´t get baptized.
Saturday night was a YSA activity, and we were invited to come play soccer,
so we thought it would be a chill evening. It was actually a tournament in this
side of the stake for ysa´s from different wards, with a 500 lempira prize, and
the elders weren´t incleded. We filled in for a more or less friendly game,
against a different ward. It was fun, but they didn´t really try. I did have
some people tell me that for a gringo, I was really good. People are always so
surprised by a gringo that plays soccer here. Makes me laugh.
Yesterday we had to be inside all day. They had national primaries, where
they pick the party leaders for elections next year. So we went to a member's
house in another Elders' area, and watched church movies. It was okay. we
honestly couldn´t do anything outside. No working. Danli, another zone, has been
in their houses from Thursday till tomorrow, because they had problems with narcos there and a whole bunch got arrested, and it was super sketchy. UYUCA has
been inside since Saturday til Tuesday. Elections are sketchy here.
Interesting news from here. I met an elder Lawson from Colorado that is
related to Mark and Renata. cool stuff. I have been drinking máte everyday with
lunch, love it!!!! My favorite thing ever!!!! Makes me think of when I used to
drink with dad every day at the office......
Well, that is pretty much it. this week was sort of weird with
changes....so we didn´t do much, and combined with yesterday, eh. next week will
be better, I promise.
I love you all!!!! I should be sending a package home with some letters for
some people and Christmas stuff soon....hopefully. but it might not get there
before Christmas so we shall see.
Love you all!!!! be safe
Elder Zach Glassett
No comments:
Post a Comment