So it´s pday and we didn´t go to Teguc!!! woohoo!!!! We played soccer
today, and its starting rainy season almost a month late, so it was drizzling
while we played. Beautiful. This week was a little slow, but pretty good. We had
27 people in church this week, and we were missing some, so we are hoping for
more next week. The number to beat is 32. That's what we are working towards.
This week there was a festival of mango here in Yuscaran. Its a
pretty big deal. Three straight days of people partying and just doing nothing.
Its pretty ridiculous. Our member, Luis, was selling food, and he makes some
pretty tasty stuff. Its sad, though, because with the money he makes between
this last weekend and the puppies his dog had, he is going to be moving back to
Teguc. But, he will continue faithful and strong. We have faith in that. He is a
good man with an intense desire to learn more about the gospel. But with the
festival, came a lot of vacationers and there were parties until three in the
morning across the street from our house. So much noise. So glad it's over. But
it was interesting to see people get so excited for something. I have also seen
more drunk people than in all my mission, all in one place.
We are
working with a man named Roberto lately. He was baptized in 85ish in Teguc, but
we cannot find record of him and neither can Salt Lake, so he needs to be
baptized again. His brain is a doctrinal blender. He has been to Baptist,
Catholic and JW churches in these twenty some odd years. He is good, because he
reads and understands, but sometimes its difficult to work with him. Not his
fault, but some of the questions he asks are hard to answer, and he is never
really satisfied with our responses. I have some study time under my belt, and
know some stuff, but he asks questions that I don´t even want to ask, because
finding the answer would take years!!!! He asked us recently why in second nefi
two it says that Eve would never have had children before the fall, if in
Genesis 3:16 it says that God would multiply her pain in giving birth. that, in
his interpretation, means that she would have had perfect children before the
fall, it was the fall that made them imperfect. Well, that tried all my
scriptural knowledge. (ps, if you ever teach the plan of salvation to jw, SKIP
THE FALL. THAT IS A SORE POINT FOR THEM.) I used 2 Nephi 2:22 and 23. He said
that that meant that the Book of Mormon was contradicting the Biblia. He wanted
somewhere else where it said that. so, I used Moses 4 something, where Eve
rejoices, and her and Adam are blessing God. I don´t remember the reference. but
he sort of just left it at that. I am exhausting my scriptural knowledge tank
with this guy. I am sure he will get baptized, but he is going to take some
time, which is okay with me.
And then....the funny ish part. I had
two grown women, sisters, make passes at me this week. One last Sunday, and one
on Saturday. The first one is an inactive, and hasn´t been to church in years.
Her friend yelled at me that if I liked her, she had said that I could have her.
While she was standing there, trying to seduce me with her eyes. At least I
think she was, I was busy trying to invent a response. I ended up saying, No,
thanks. But that was very nice of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment