Well, this was an incredible week!!!
First off, the story of
the man last week?? He lived. I don´t know why I said what I said, but I said
it, and it was what I was supposed to say. I asked...The Lord. He is upbeat,
and happy, and ready to forget that which has happened in his past. He has an
increased desire to become active again, and we are going to start working with
him to prepare him for the priesthood.
We also left and did visits
with most of the relief society presidency on Saturday!!! It was fantastic. The second counselor, is a fairly heavy lady, and to see her walk all
that we did was an incredible sacrifice, and she had an incredible attitude
about it. The three that were there, the presidenta, the 2nd counselor, and the
Sec, bonded. They are all in this together, and it shows. We have one that is
missing, the first counselor. We still have to set her apart, and its really
starting to irritate me. People here always put other things in front of the
church...and in front of God. My comp said something very true the other day.
Sister, he said to a member, God should be in first place in our lives, in
fiftieth place, and in last place. And then, if there is time, we put us in our
lives. So true. That´s how we become blessed. By making Gd and the church our
life, and then just working in the little things. We have successfuly maintained
an attendence of 26 or higher this change, since the first of May. We had a dip
one week, but it was an anomoly, and we brought it right back up. I am beginning
to understand what it really means to be in charge. We get all the fun and not
so fun stuff, but it is all worth it.
I taught sunday school on
Sunday, like always. We decided that the members don´t need gospel doctrine,
they need gospel principles. So I have been teaching from that little yellow
book. It is fantastic. We had a great lesson on Sunday about
albedrio......agency, in English. Took me a minute to remember that. I used the
stick example, but I have changed the stick for a shovel, because we always
choose more consequences than actions with our actions. It works. The members
are starting to get it. I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment