Monday, September 16, 2013
I had a fairly nuts week. We have found our area super prepared for
us, and even with no help from the Elder that stayed, we are seeing miracles.
So at the beginning of the week, we had a FHE with a family that is mostly
kids...there are 7 of them. And the mom. she can`t get married because her
spouse comes and visits once a month from teguc....nuf said. But her kids want
to get baptized. And they were given to us by members. pilas (great) members. Their kid
is on a mission in Peru, and they love working with us...something about
treating the missionaries like she hopes they treat her son. Needless to say,
they always feed us. We have the registros ready for the baptisms, and just need
to have them come to church again.
Then on the mundane side, we got a phone call on Wednesday night that Elder
Martinez had a plane ticket for Friday, so he had to be in Teguc on Thursday,
and we had to take him. So I spent 3.5 hours going, 1.5 hours in Teguc, and 4.5
hours returning to my area. It was HORRIBLE. Worse than the rides to Teguc from
Yuscaran. The bus died coming back...and I just said a little silent
prayer...God, if this bus dies, you are going to have one unhappy
missionary...so don`t let it die. And it started right up. Such a good result.
God really does answer prayers. haha.
and then for two really spiritual experiences....
The first one was with a lady named Ada. She is a married lady that has her
and her kids baptized, but her husband is not a member and won`t get baptized.
We went to visit her to ask her to help with an investigator...and longer story
made less long...she ended sort of spilling to us a lot of stuff that was going
on. I could tell that she was going through a really tough time....and then she
asked for blessing. I honestly didn`t know what I was going to say, and was just
waiting for the spirit to kick in. From what I can remember, it was a super
specific blessing. And it was sort of personal for her....when I finished she
was crying. The spirit was super strong. I shared with her the story of Carlos
and Karla, because she is going through like the same thing. I hope it helped
her.
The second one was from yesterday. We were teaching a lesson to two jovenes
(youth) that had fecha for this weekend. One of them at least, Wendy, 13. She and her
brother go to a baptist church, and they didn`t come to our church yesterday
because their pastor came and got them. so it was super like...do or die. So I
laid everything out on the table for them. I felt like I was literally having
words put in my mouth. And then we tried something I started using in my last
area...where they pray to see if its true, and then we just all be silent for
like a minute. So she asked if she could say it silently, so I just told her to
say amen out loud. She did. And then she started just biting her lip, and looked
kind of funny. So I asked her if she could describe what she was feeling. And
she broke down sobbing and said that she couldn`t. She just kept sobbing...and
had just put make up on, so then she wouldn`t look at me afterwards. But I asked
her if she knew it was true, and she said yes. Then I asked her about baptism
and she said she was too young. haha. One thing at a time, then.
But I started thinking about as she had broken down sobbing. It made me think
of all the times that I had felt that spirit, and how I had reacted. I cry very
rarely now, and I think that it comes from being used to having this kind of
spirit with me. It was SO STRONG yesterday in that lesson. I could totally feel
it. But how strange it must be for her to be feeling that. She literally
couldn`t describe it with words. I am so grateful that the Lord comes
through when you need him most. I know that the spirit touches lives. And with
force.
That is sort of all that happened this week. We are working hard, and
trying our best to do our best. I can barely wrap my head around 9 more months.
Seems like just yesterday I was starting this whole shebang....but
whatevs.
I love you all!!!
Zach
No comments:
Post a Comment